I have, yet again, stolen an idea. I was browsing through blogs and came upon an interesting post on Humble Fiction Cafe.
Fellow authors, spread the meme:
1. Write a blog post about ten ways you know a story was written by you.
2. Then comment on this post with the link to your post!
2a. Or just write your answers as comments, below. But that’s less fun.
Like chain mail, but with blog posts. Easy as that.
Okay, so my list of ten is as follows:
1. It has supernatural elements.
2. There’s at least one death, if not more.
3. There will be a surly/grumpy yet attractive male character.
4. The prologue is from the point of view of someone other than the protagonist. (I don’t know why I do this.)
5. At least one character will have a colour name. Don’t know why either.
6. The main character is female (need to do something about this eventually).
7. Nearly every chapter ends with a cliff-hanger.
8. Most of the characters are twenty-somethings.
9. I like dialogue. A lot.
10. Someone gets drugged / tranquillized / medically knocked out.
In summary, my stories are adult, female-led, violent, and have unattainable men. What about yours?