Challenges are always fun. Over the course of 2010 I nearly killed myself whilst completing the 100+ Book Challenge, so I’ve decided to set myself a more manageable challenge.
I keep discovering great indie authors so I’ve decided to dedicate 2011 to helping to spread the work about their work by reading and review a range of indie tales.
If you’d like to join in on the madness, simply read through the guidelines below and drop a line in the comments. It’ll be fun!
EDIT: If you need help finding authors, I’ve started up a suggested reading list, divided into free and not-free works.
How to play:
The goal is to read 24 indie longer-length pieces of fiction in a year, according to the following guidelines:
- Each story must be written by a different author, and the first letters of the authors’ surnames must begin with a different letter (ie, one author whose surname begins with A, one with B, one with C….).
Since you only have to read 24 titles, you can skip any two letters, but you get bonus points if you complete the alphabet.
- You do not need to read in alphabetical order.
- Re-reads, ebooks, ongoing serials — any long-length fiction counts. For serials, you must read the entire backlog.
What doesn’t count: individual short stories.
- Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
- No need to list your stories in advance. You may select as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
- Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
- Challenge begins January 1st through December, 2011. Webfiction started before the 1st do not count.
- Sign up by leaving a comment below with the direct link to your post where your progress will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other readers can find this fun challenge.
- You don’t need to review your books, although it’s strongly encouraged.
- A. M. Harte
- Jan Oda
- J.C. Hart
- Lydia Presley
- Tonya R. Moore
- Paul Mansfield Keefe
- LC Evans
- Sibel Hodge
- Barbara Silkstone
- D.M. Trink (Delyse)
- Lacy Camey
- Theresa Ragan
- Samantha Warren
- JR Tomlin